Travel Log...

Travel Log...
London 2011

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I Tried To Quit

I tried to quit.

Captain Awesome had been discussing my schedule and stress at trying to workout AND be more disciplined with my nutrition. He said to me that to be honest, I didn't really even need to workout if I'd just double down on my attention to food.

This is important as after two tris under my belt, I really want my new focus this next year to be towards making my weight goal. I plan to do another Tri next year but the focus now needs to be more on my weight and making my goal. So. I tried to quit.

It wasn't hard to get busy with other stuff and focus more on school and work and P. But...

I had started to use my running as a coping technique for stress. For depression. For frustration. For all sorts of things. When I stopped.... Big surprise, I started to turn towards food again for that. It's easy and fast and I justified it with the fact I had been doing so well but....

But, that's not good. I'm slipping back into old bad habits. I don't want to go back to those. I don't want to be that girl again. I like the new me who is happy and throws on her running shoes or lifts like a beast to trample stress. Not the girl who relied on a croissant to hug her sadness.

So. I have to go back. I can't quit. I have been even more stressed, depressed, and moody since I tried.

I made the decision last night and when I finish this post I am lacing up and heading out. When I get back I will sit down and work on my menu for this week and do my damnedest to be better about it. 

But I can't give up my running.

I won't give up my running.

I'm addicted and I think that's a good thing.

Onward.




No comments:

Post a Comment