T-Man had been raving about this Ethiopian restaurant for a while he wanted to take me to. He knows the woman who owns it and is the chef. I confess I was nervous to try something so new and different because I didn't want to hurt his feelings if it was yucky and I tried politely not to eat it but wow. Pleasantly surprised!
For those who have had Morrocan food, it's very similar in that the food is served all together and you eat with your fingers. I ordered the Yefem Tibs which is charcoal broiled sliced prime tender beef of garlic and black pepper. He ordered the Derek Tibs which is beef sautéed until crispy in chili onion and tomato. I took a photo of dinner to share with you:
I have to say it was delicious. I will throw a pimp out to them: Etete on 9th in DC NW. I want to go back and try their Yeawaze Tibs which is the beef sauteed in the spicy awaze sauce with onion, tomato, fresh garlic and chili. Mmmm
After dinner, we made our way over to the 930 Club to see Richard Cheese and Lounge Against the Machine. I love his concerts and this is the second one I have been to with T-Man. He sang a number of his classics and some new ones, too. He's half music, half comedy act and I have not laughed so hard in a long time.
Definitely a great night!


No comments:
Post a Comment