Travel Log...

Travel Log...
London 2011

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Pure Joy!

I just got back from the first business trip of my new "adventure". My new opportunity. My new "life".

I was so completely wonderfully totally simultaneously overwhelmed and delighted.

I saw things I had never seen before.

Learned things I never knew.

Met people.

Made friends.

Had FUN.

Laughed. Cried. And.....relaxed.

A huge thank you to Alpha for lighting this spark. I am just speechless with appreciation to him for even putting it on the table for me to do. Seriously. I am moved to the point of tears when I think how he set this moving for me.

A second huge thank you to Gay Boyfriend for being my "sherpa" for the trip. He helped me assimilate and navigate and understand so much of what was going on and never (at least it seemed) tired of my questions.

This is the first time that work has not felt one single bit like WORK. It was WONDERFUL. I found myself back at my desk on Tuesday going through a sort of withdrawal and wishing I was back there.  This adventure sparked me. It lit me up in a way I don't think I have ever lit up before. At one point, Gay Boyfriend said to me to calm down because there was no way I would be able to take it all in the first time. I knew he was right but oh gosh I sure did try. I already have a list of things I want to make sure to do for the next trip. When I got back and people asked me about my trip, one of the guys actually took a step back and said that my smile was like a mega watt stadium light coming on as soon as he mentioned it. I could not stop smiling. I am STILL smiling.

I think Alpha is going to try and come with me the next time. I am not sure I can handle the sheer joy of this AND him there at the same time. I honestly think my soul will implode like a supernova and radiate out into every corner of every known universe filling it all with this stupendously cheesy happy love light. And on some primitive planet in a galaxy far far away a developing civilization just might look up and see that light and feel that joy and call it "God".

****reads back over what she wrote****

Lordy lol that might well be the absolutely CHEESIEST DORKIEST thing I have EVER written but who the fuck cares? That is how motherfucking happy I am!

Moving right along....in other news:

P is doing fabulous this summer. She just finished two weeks of golf camp and has started actually playing nine holes at a time with Merlin. He is just pleased as punch that she won camper of the week AND can now go actually play a round with him. She also sunk a twenty foot putt today! I was impressed. It's been a long time since I have played. I should dust my clubs off (yes...I own a set of golf clubs....) and go play with them one of these days. Probably wouldn't hurt to brush up on those skills work wise either. She returns to horse back riding camp for the next few weeks then that pretty much wraps her summer up and she is "back to school". I have to order her next set of math books this weekend. Endora has been pestering me to get them but P and I made a covert agreement that I would not order them until August because Endora is going to make her start as soon as the books arrive. No worries on her getting lazy over the summer taking a break from math, though. I have been teaching her to program in Python and there is math involved in that so I am sort of sneaky sneaking it in and she is having fun so not realizing it's "school".

I have a full round of things to take care of now. I spent most of today slogging through emails from being gone and setting up next week's calendar. I cannot wait until Monday when I have lunch with Alpha and get to GUSH about the trip. Y'all wish me luck in not tearing up when I thank him for the opportunity. Oh hell, I probably will anyway and he will just chuckle and give me a hug.

On that note, I need to post this and then flip over and do a little more work while I wait for Thomas.

Ain't no rest for the wicked ;)

xxx ooo

J

PS - for those of you who were in Jersey when "he" said, "Do what brings you joy." I get it now. I finally do. And...I am.




No comments:

Post a Comment