I'm sure you can picture in exquisite slow motion as I went to sit down where there was no chair and the subsequent hard crash to the floor on my tail bone, smacking the back of my head on the hard wood and the torquing of my wrist in a most inappropriate direction.
I didn't cry. I just laid there sort of stunned and completely exhausted and thought for a moment that perhaps I should just sleep there as I had already assumed what was the standard position for nocturnal respite.
Sigh. After deciding that while it was comfortable at that moment, most likely at my age it would not stay that way for long and I would regret it in the morning.
I said, "Fuck."
Then sighed.
Then I said, "Damn it."
Then I sighed again and hauled myself back up and wrangled my chair back to the appropriate place (keeping a closer eye on its position better than the secret service keeps an eye on the president).
(Pauses to wave at the govt personnel assigned to read her email with those key words in it)
Any who...
Captain Awesome told me this morning that it was time to move to the next level and kick it up a notch. He worked me so hard that I was sweating and breathing hard from back to back rowing, dumbbell complexes (row, deadlift, curl to overhead press, front squats) to treadmill. Round and round and round we went.
At one point he said, "Do you hate me yet?"
I couldn't talk so just shook my head no.
Then I thought, "No... I could never hate you. You're just trying to help me. I hate me because I suck."
I thought this as I was pressing overhead and tears started to roll down my face. I shared my thought and he enthusiastically disagreed with me. He reminded me how hard this was and how great I was doing so that helped and my tears were minimal. He said, "Let's do this...no tears in the weight room...unless there is bone sticking out through the skin...AND it's YOUR bone!"
We finished up and he threw a shake together for me and added some creatine to it. I have my next tri this month and I'm starting to get nervous but no where near as nervous as I was last time.

No comments:
Post a Comment