So...
Bad news: biopsy confirmed a precancerous mole on the back of my left calf so had to go in for surgery today to have the rest of the area excised and was pretty much told by Captain Awesome there was no way I'd be running my first 8k next month with stitches in my calf.
Good news? Got there today and the plastic surgeon explained the lab had felt after examining the margins that they had gotten everything during the biopsy so no need for surgery or stitches today. Yay!
Better news? (Only my runners/triathletes will get this) I have had this thickening area on my second right toe along with a thickening of the edge of the nail on that toe. Honestly? Thought I had picked up a fungus athletes type thing from the pool or locker room. Finally thought maybe I should ask the dermo about it (was thinking I needed a foot doc but it's skin so they should be able to check). She took a look at it today and informed me it didn't look at all like a fungus. She said it was a callous from trauma to the toe as I run! And... Wait for it... Wait for it...
The thickened toenail was the same! I asked with controlled excitement if she meant like those marathon runners when they loose their toenails AND SHE SAID, "Yes."
I almost hugged her lol :)
Like I said, only my fellow runners and triathletes will get that ;)
I guess that goes to show I may be able to call myself the real deal soon ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment