My New Year Resolutions?
1. CONTINUE to workout and eat healthy.
2. CONTINUE to run races and do triathlons.
3. CONTINUE to work hard, study hard, learn more and grow.
4. CONTINUE to love my daughter, family and friends.
5. CONTINUE to be amazing, spectacular, wonderful, and true to myself.
These will be easy since they are just renewals of existing changes I have dedicated myself to.
One thing I will note. I was reading back over my blog from last New Years Eve. Last year's resolutions were:
This year, I resolve to cling to THEIR beautiful words instead of his ugly ones.
This year, I resolve to hear their compliments louder than his insults.
This
year, I resolve to think of each gift they have given me (their time,
their attention, their little presents), instead of the neglect he gave
me.
This year, I resolve to heal more and grow more and love more...mostly, myself.
I can say this: TOTALLY NAILED IT!
I definitely noticed a difference this year and I would like to take a moment to thank Thomas with all my heart. Oh, sure, I thank him almost daily for being in my life and there for me but I honestly can't figure out how to thank him enough. And the nice thing is that this last year I did not have to "cling" to their words. Their words have induced such healing that I simply default to them now. Oh, sure, I still have my moments when I doubt or question or forget them but honest and for true, I do seem to be defaulting to them versus clinging to them. And his insults are such quiet whispers in the past that I am having trouble hearing them now. Another huge thank you to the running and triathlon community (too many names to list each one separately). You all are amazing and the support and encouragement and friendship I have received from you all is nothing sort of phenomenal. You've helped this intimidated self conscious girl blossom into one that isn't afraid to show up for an event and try. I am not fast or amazing but I don't have to be. I just make the effort and don't give up. Thank you all for accepting me and encouraging me. I used to say, "If I was a 'real' runner" or a "real triathlete" but this year after running across that finish line and having the man put the medal around my neck and saying to me as he shook my hand, "YOU ARE A TRIATHLETE"....I realize now I am a "REAL" runner and a real athlete. And that we come in all shapes and sizes and abilities and while our outsides may look different, our hearts are the same. Strong, Passionate, and Dedicated.
I had such an awesome year this last year. And, this year is going to be even better!
Love,
J7
01 JAN 2013

No comments:
Post a Comment